FINALLY, after months of teasing, and half baked (get it? :D) promises, Android version 2.3 AKA; Gingerbread is upon us!
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Display: 4-inch touchscreen
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Processor: 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 Hummingbird
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Battery: Lithium Ion 1500 mAh
- PC Connector: USB 2.0
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 2.1 + EDR
- Camera: 5 MP on the back + front-facing VGA camera
- Internet Calling Support: VOIP + SIP
- From what I understand, Google has gotten a bit savvy (greedy?) and excluded a micro SD card slot, so Network: Quad-Band GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, Tri-Band HSPA: 900/2100/1700
- US carrier: T-Mobileyou’re stuck with only 16G (not that most will need more than that, but for those that do, expandable memory is always a plus).
The Android SDK site has now been updated with the 2.3 download for developers. Android central has an AWESOME list of all of the new features and toys to play with, available to devs. To abbreviate, it consists of a New base Linux kernel version, New media framework, better Networking, and Dalvik runtime improvements.
Here’s a lil’ preview video released by Google, released Dec. 1st.
And here’s the Android 2.3 User’s Guide for a few more details you may be looking for.
That’s about all I got for now, so here’s every link I can find so far on the Gingerbread release!!
Need more input, Johnny 5?